Provided by: Dick Mueller, Founder & CEO FranSelect
Gone are the days when fitness gyms were limited to barbells and treadmills. Today’s fitness clubs have evolved into experiences where clients can access specialized classes, high-tech equipment, and whole-body wellness services. They’re no longer just places to burn off calories but to build a healthier overall lifestyle.
Why the run on the gym market? In general, Americans are more dedicated to healthy living than ever before. But trend-wise, two main factors are driving the recent growth even when consumers are cutting back financially in other aspects of their lives.
First, after spending months in lockdown on home exercise equipment and Zoom classes, people want to spend their time in community-oriented fitness spaces where they can build personal connections and find encouragement. In addition, Gen Z, which has been raised with healthier habits, makes up a significant portion of gym-goers with more than 39% of teens and young adults attending a fitness center on a regular basis.
If you have a passion for fitness, there’s no better time to capitalize on the market, and more important, help your neighbors and community members lead happier and healthier lives. And the best way to do that is to launch your own fitness franchise with a proven and successful model.
An opportunity for every fitness interest
No matter your favorite workout, there’s a franchise that can help you share it with a growing client base. Just a few of the most popular options today include:
- Traditional gyms – With a diverse lineup of fitness equipment, classes, and personal training services, traditional gyms offer something for every age and fitness level. The additional wellness amenities provided by some franchisers, such as massage and nutrition guidance, ensure clients get everything they need for whole-body care at one facility.
- Strength training gyms – Today, many fitness lovers – especially women – are focusing less on cardiac-focused workouts and more on strength training. According to the app ClassPass, reservations for high-intensity classes, like CrossFit or boot camps, increased 94% this past year.
- Boutique fitness studios – A boutique studio specializes in one or two fitness programs – for instance, yoga, Pilates and barre, dance, rowing, boxing, or cycling. Because boutique studios require less space and clients are willing to pay a premium price to participate in small group sessions, they’re often an affordable option for entrepreneurs who want to ease into the market.
- Interval training – Interval training gyms blend strength training and cardio together into a personalized workout. During their sessions, members alternate between short periods of high-intense and low-intense exercises. Many of these franchises outfit their clients with wearable technology so they track their fitness and nutrition data through an app and maximize their exercise routine.
- Customized training – There are several fitness franchises that gear workouts specifically to each member through personal training services and AI-driven equipment that adjusts to their skills and needs. These studios tend to cater to older adults and those new to an exercise routine.
- Mobile fitness gyms – With our busy schedules, it can be hard to make it to the gym as often as we want. Mobile fitness services bring private trainings and group workouts to local parks, neighborhoods, or workspaces so clients can participate in circuit-style classes, strength conditioning, and other fitness sessions without driving all over town.
- Kids’ gyms – Why should grown-ups have all the fun? Youth-oriented gyms help kids kick off a lifetime of healthy living. Entrepreneurs can find gym franchises focused on kid-favorite sports and hobbies, from tumbling and sports skills to swimming and ninja classes.
Find your perfect franchise fit
Since you’re already working out, why not turn it into a business that you love? When you find a franchise that aligns with your interests and allows you to inspire others to live their best life, you have the foundation for success. Let the Team at www.FranSelect.com help you find the RIGHT fitness franchise.
Please call Nancee Roberson(405-640-7476) or click Learn More if interested in learning more about franchise options through CBI Team.