Buy a Business
Buying a business is a daunting task. That’s why the CBI TEAM only lists and markets businesses that have provided the information you need in order to make a wise decision. We save you from wasting valuable time on a business that can’t (or won’t) provide the information needed to finish the deal.
We provide a free, no obligation Business Buyer Discovery Session to help you learn our process and steps to buying the right business for you.
The CBI TEAM has special tools to help you fund a business acquisition. View our resources below!
Because the business you really want to buy isn’t for sale!
The Target Acquisition Program is the best way for you to buy the perfect business. TAP is an industry-leading service based on the CBI TEAM’s 20+ years of experience that helps individuals secure their dream of business ownership.
Advantages of Buying an Existing Business:
- Immediate cash flow from an operating business with actual results from operations
- Trained employees in place to ensure continuity of service
- Existing licenses and permits, and in many cases, operating leases can be assumed
- Transitional training by the seller to ensure smooth operations
- The availability of owner financing to significantly reduce the out-of-pocket expenses
Advantages of Buying a Business through CBI TEAM:
- CBI TEAM has a global marketplace to search for your “ideal” business in the location of your choosing
- CBI TEAM professionals have assisted more than 750 buyers in locating their desired business
- CBI TEAM will assist you in obtaining the most advantageous financing for your particular situation
Loans 4 Businesses is a unique service modeled after Lending Tree- “When Banks Compete, You Win.” Below are some of the advantages for sellers and buyers when using the Loans 4 Business program.
- You have the support Of CBI TEAM in preparing your loan application
- You will receive multiple offers to choose from
- You, with the assistance of CBI TEAM, select the offer with the best interest rate and terms
- You will receive more cash up front
- Reduces the underwriting review and approval process by weeks
- Timely elimination of contingencies for deal funding
- All financial information and disclosures are centralized in an online, confidential deal room
“Using the Loans4Biz program was easy, quick and professional. I had over 18 banks respond with competitive loan proposals, both national and local banks. I was provided with contact information and set up meetings with several bank officers. The banks were timely with their responses, professional and provided me with written competitive proposals. I was able to negotiate financing to meet my business needs and established professional business relationships with several banks. I recommend the Loans4Biz program for current and future business owners.” –Ron Tacker
“I wanted to give a huge thanks to the Loans4Biz program! I am a current business owner and was looking to expand with a new business venture but was struggling to obtain financing. I was starting to get discouraged after meeting with around 10 lenders and I still couldn’t get financed. I was running out of options when I came across the CBI TEAM and spoke with Kelly Tivis. Kelly helped me with my business plan and put together a great packet to send out to many different lenders. Needless to say within a few days we had 6-7 proposals back. I am now in the process of a build-out for our new ‘Good Feet Store’ in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This is a great program. I really encourage anyone struggling with financing to give them a shot!” –Ryan Gray
(Business Owners Retirement Savings Account)
Use your 401(k) or IRA to finance your franchise or business start-up!
Did you know your pension, profit sharing, 401(k), 403(b), other retirement plans, and rollover IRA money may be used to fund your own franchise, start-up, or business property? This can be done without distributions, taxes, penalties or the use of loans. These transactions are a sort of a self-venture-capitalization and are within the clear letter of the law.
There are a plethora of rules separating future retirees from the funds held in trust today and awaiting them at retirement. Distributions are taxed as ordinary income—upwards of 50 percent. Early distributions, prior to age 59½, add a 10 percent penalty tax. The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1972 (ERISA) has an ironclad “anti-alienation clause,” meaning the future pension may not be used as collateral for a loan. If it is so pledged, it is deemed to be a distribution and therefore taxed. There is an exception for “participant loans,” but these are limited to less than 50 percent of the vested account balance or $50,000 and must be amortized over five years or less with quarterly interest and annual principal payments. Loans may not be rolled into or allowed in an IRA account.
The CBI TEAM has formed a strategic alliance with a company that has developed a way to legally move money locked in 401(k) or other IRA accounts directly into a new or established businesses. The money may be used for business acquisitions, franchises, property, equipment or working capital.
If you have funds that are locked in a retirement fund, we can access those funds to help you realize your dream of buying a business. Ask your Confidential Business Intermediary for more information.