By Carl Grimes, Chairman
Confidential Business Intermediaries/The CBI+Team
My wife was cleaning out a closet the other day and ran across this T-shirt (below) and I found it so funny (and so appropriate) that I felt it had to be shared with you, our business owners who receive this newsletter on a monthly basis.
Another calendar year has come and gone and how many of you (us) have procrastinated another year away by putting off the really important things by allowing “urgent” but often unimportant things to get in the way.
How do you overcome procrastination?
1. Make a physical list of the top 3 (no more) things you need to accomplish TODAY.
2. Set a time to start the 1st activity and ask someone to hold you accountable for starting.
3. Set a time to take a break from the task and ask someone to hold you accountable to the break time.
4. Allow enough time to complete the task and then mark it off your list and start on #2.
5. Don’t set aside the whole day to work on a task. There will be too many interruptions and you will need time to deal with the urgent but not important.
6. MARK a line through your completed task and celebrate the completion of it.