To prepare your business for sale:
- Have an initial, free, no-obligation meeting with a CBI-Sunbelt intermediary/broker to review the sales process.
- Assemble financial information necessary. At a minimum this will be:
- 3 year’s of tax returns for the business
- 3 year’s of Profit and Loss (P&L’s) statements for the business
- A current balance sheet
- A year to date P&L for the business
- A list of all Equipment used in the business with approximate Fair Market Value estimate for each piece valued at over $500.
- A list of key employees with information about each
- CBI-Sunbelt intermediary/broker will help initiate an independent, third-party business appraisal done by a certified business appraisal firm.
- Once the appraisal is complete meet with your Team to discuss the market for selling your business and the after sale tax proceeds to determine if the sale will meet your personal, family and business objectives.
- Have the business intermediary/broker outline the marketing, sales process you can expect in today’s business sale market.
- Assuming the business value meets # 4 then engage the business intermediary/broker to sell the business.
Good planning for the sale of your business can maximize the sales price but, even more importantly, can you help you keep more of the money from the sale.
Call CBI-Sunbelt today to begin the process @ 877-582-5200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why choose the CBI-Sunbelt Team?
- Experienced – Over 50 years combined experience in business sales
- Trained – Completed IBBA and Sunbelt Network course training
- Aggressive – No upfront fees for most business sales
- Accountable – Your broker reports to you on at least a monthly basis
- Licensed – All brokers are appropriately licensed
- Supported – Two trained and experienced office administrators
- Local – Three offices, Northwest Arkansas, Springfield and Joplin, Missouri
- Networked – Joint broker’s meetings held weekly in addition to quarterly joint training. Member of the world’s largest franchise Business Sales Network, the Sunbelt Network as well as members of the International Business Broker’s Association, the world wide professional association.
- Knowledgeable – Over 200 years of business experience on staff with former private company owners, CEO’s, National and International Sales Managers
At CBI (Confidential Business Intermediaries)-Sunbelt, we understand and practice confidentiality. No one should know you are contemplating the sale of your business unless they have done the following:
- Signed a Non-Disclosure agreement
- Provided a personal or corporate financial statement
- Been counseled by a CBI-Sunbelt Advisor
CBI-Sunbelt’s commitment to you is unwavering.